Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Croatia Trip - Wednesday: Day trip to Elaphite Islands, off the coast of Dubrovnik
Picked up some green figs for breakfast today and headed for the boat to the Elaphite Islands. Not that impressed with the first two, as they were uninspiring, especially since we were only allowed 40 minutes offshore to see the towns. When we got to Lopud, I immediately walked to where the golf cart taxis were picking up people to go to Sunj Beach.
Sunj Beach is one of the few beaches I have been here in Croatia which is a sand beach. Very shallow, with rippling sand beneath the surface, it also has very mellow waves since it is sheltered. Not many people, even though music is blasting. Venturing further away from the music though is where we can lay out towels, as most of the beach is covered in rentable beach recliners.
Wish the sun would come out. I did hear it was too rain tomorrow from one of the people at Old Port.
After the boat docked, I immediately started looking for the hipper Buza 1, as I already was at the more classic Buza 2 yesterday. After wandering back to Buza 2 again, finally found Buza 1, and there were no seats. No matter, as I can buy a glass of Plavac wine and sit on the rocks below to watch the view.
Tried to go to Taj Mahal for dinner for Bosnian cuisine but they basically said because I'm one person, make a reservation or come after 10pm. O thank you. Went next door to Lanterna and had the ceceveria plate, which consist of sausages, a red sauce, onions and starchy fries.
Headed to Grabovac for the Modro jezero Grand Reserve red wine. Pepper and cherries. Wish we could sit outside on the sidewalk like in Korcula.
Location:
Lopud, Croatia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment